Joe’s Engine Shop is here to meet your full-service auto machining needs! Backed by state-of-the-art facilities, decades of proven experience and a love of the combustion engine, we’re equipped to work on most vehicles, unlocking the power and potential of your engine’s performance. We offer machining for all the following types of vehicles and engines:
- High performance
- Muscle cars
- Performance marine engines
- Street/hot rods
- Vintage vehicles (1930s forward)
Not only can we machine parts and components to meet your performance expectations, we also focus on tuning. With our SuperFlow Engine Dyno we’re able to tune engines for the best air-fuel ratio at the desired rpm cruise range, giving you the best possible fuel economy alongside performance.
Custom Engine Builds and Auto Machining
Looking for a turnkey engine for your hot rod or muscle car? We offer turnkey engine building and stock engine rebuilding in Concord, CA. We’ll strip down your stock engine and retrofit it with performance parts and systems, bringing it back to life bigger and better than ever!
Or, for a totally custom build, look to our full-service machine shop for everything from boring and honing to grinding and more. Our shop is outfitted for complete auto machining in Concord, CA:
- Block boring & honing
- Block prepping for stroker assemblies
- Block sonic testing
- Cleaning & glass beading
- Complete cylinder head rebuilding
- Crankshaft grinding
- Cylinder head porting
- Engine balancing
- Flywheel grinding
- Head & block surfacing
- Main bore align honing
- Manifold & header resurfacing
- Press work
- Pressure testing
- Torque plate honing
Here at Joe’s Engine Shop, we use extremely high-quality equipment, kept up to superior operating standards. We’re proud of our facilities and keep a standing invitation to anyone who wishes to visit our shop at any time. Some of the equipment and technologies we use include:
- Sunnen Seat & Guide Center
- Sunnen Head & Block Mill
- CV 616 Sunnen Cylinder Hone
- Sunnen Connecting Rod Center
- Kwik Way Block Boring Fixture
- Axe Cylinder Head Pressure Tester
- Bridgeport Milling Machine
- SF 7100 Superflow Dyno w/WinDyn 3.2 Data Acquisition System
- WinDyn 3.2 Data Acquisition System Control Room
- Harley Cylinder Honing
- Hines Engine Balancer
- Welding Station
Formulas and Conversions
- Inches to Millimeters, Multiply By 25.4
- Millimeters to Inches, Divide By 25.4
- Cubic Inches to Liters, Divide By 61
- Liters to Cubic Inches, Multiply By 61
Questions about your camshaft? We’ll be happy to answer them! Some of the most common questions we get are listed below.
Can a cam be “too big”?
Do you have to change valve springs with high-performance camshafts?
Flat tappet camshaft failure
Visit Our Shop
Whether you need a custom racing engine built to-spec or are having camshaft issues and need answers, Joe’s Engine Shop is ready to assist. Contact us today at 925-682-4013 or stop in to tour our shop.